Saturday, August 29, 2009

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

We have returned from Spain (more later) and are still in shock over the generosity and kindness of our friends and family. We are so blessed. Thank you SO much for all your love and support.

If any of you are planning an event in the near future, I would like recommend the wonderful people I worked with. Planning a wedding from across the country was not easy; I didn't have the luxury of comparison shopping so I relied on recommendations. I could not have been more pleased with how it all turned out. Everything I imagined in my head, these people were able to create.

Linette True and her daughter Heather created our delicious 5 course Italian dinner. It was difficult to find a caterer who was willing to put all that work into a sit-down, family style meal but Linette and Heather took on the challenge. Linette handled all the logistics such as equipment rentals (and there were a lot...not to mention our almost weekly adjustments!) and even acted like my personal event planner. Heather, the chef, was even open to my recipe suggestions. Their company is called Delilah's Catering and you can reach them at www.delilahscatering.com and 503-243-3324.

As soon as I saw Jonathan's (of Jonathan Ley Photography) website, I loved his journalistic style...and it came at such a deal. Jonathan was so laid back and easy to talk to about how I wanted to remember the day. He took full advantage of some of the "props" I had prepared and he made us feel very comfortable. From what I've seen so far, I know the pictures will be beautiful. www.leyphotography.com 971-222-6426

Sharon Roberts of Baskets and Bouquets by Sharon was able to take my vision and make it a reality. She searched high and low for peonies and cabbage roses to make everything just right. The flowers were perfect, I wish I could have preserved them forever. 503-252-5908

And to the rest of you that SHOULD start businesses because you are so good at what you do...

No comments: