Thursday, August 9, 2007

Comments

The other day we received a tremondously insightful comment which we feel deserves not only to be recognized, but to be responded to. The comment begins with the following paragraph and our response begins with the paragraph after that.

Can't wait to read the post from Argentina. As I passed through the airport in Boston this weekend... (Boston is a quaint little town and a study in contrasts; filled with history but focused on the future. Home to some of the countries best most intelligent students and yet worst, most impatient drivers) I came across a publication called Vanity Fair that featured a photo spread of models from Argentina. In many of the photos nude, androgenous models were frolicking by the pools and drinking with women in large boots and cocktail dresses. I thought to myself...I hope Jay and Jenny experience this cultural phenomenon as they trek through S. America.T
August 5, 2007 5:45 AM


Argentina´s storied past and turbulent present exhibit a culture steeped in rich interpersonal, political, artistic, and culinary traditions, all of which were completely overshadowed by the stunning models we encountered in the park yesterday. Before stripping down and joining the frolick entravaganza, I was struck not by the androgenaity of these neutral young lads, but by their hairstyles: the strange combination of rat tails and mullets which seem to permeate Argentinan culture. Now you may be asking yourself, ¨When you are carelessly dancing through a public park fountain, surrounded by the queens of the fashion industry, wearing nothing but the fur on your backside, how is it that something as frivolous as a hair style can distract you?¨ But friend, Thomas, if you will, you have no idea how powerfully hideous these pervavise mullet/rat tail combinations can be.
August 9, 2007 10:05 AM

2 comments:

Unknown said...

JR,
Who is this (T) character that's leaving these anonymous comments on your site? Is it "TF" from IN?

If (T) is out there lurking... and if it is you... don't you know that comments said publicly like this can come back to haunt you later in life? Like for instance during a radio show... or a news cast? Or maybe when you're seeking a hot new gig with a potential new client, or possibly something leaked out to your constituents or worse yet... the opposing party?

You never know when things like this will show up again somewhere down the road that can hurt you - So be nice... and go home and don't come back until you know how to act like a normal and civil adult.

My dear JR... Albeit your post was colorful, insightful and just... and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Forgive me, but I feel I'm better suited at getting down and roughing it up in the muck!

(T)... go away before I call your momma and have her "bitch-slap" you silly for acting like a fool in a public place like this. You don't want to be known (especially to your viewing or listening audience), as the bad after taste of eating something gone bad which one just can't seem to get rid of...and just when you think you have, it rears its ugly head again and causes one to go visit the white porcelain "commode queen",
because you now have diarrhea.

(T)- Don't be the irritating and lingering Diarrhea... just be nice and go away please. I don't think you want to be roughing it up with me... down in the muck!

-Don Rhodes
(JR's Father)

Unknown said...

JR,
I apologize for my previous post... I just couldn't help myself. ;) I know you are completely capable yourself. I just couldn't contain my fatherly protective instincts.

Love you!
-Dad