Thursday, July 12, 2007

Hola amigos

Well, then, let me just say that I swear there is a volcano that is easily visible from our apartment window and terrace. Some of our residents (and I can think of one in particular) may believe otherwise, but let me tell you, they are wrong, dead wrong!


One of the things I was most excited about when picking our apartment and moving in was the view. From the time I moved into our apartment (about 5 days before Jenny´s arrival) until the day before she arrived (4 days ago) the volcano that lies just beyond the valley and mountains to the east was visible from sunrise until sunset. Upon Jen´s arrival, however, things turned ugly, for us and the volcano. Although the weather has been beautiful here in Quito, there seems to be a group of unruly clouds which has been surrounding the volcano for the last 4 days, thus damaging my report with our guest of honor, who is still skeptical that the above named volcano (Cayambe) actually exists. I have consequently attached a photo below as proof of Cayambe´s existence:





After living here for a while I find that I am now more amused by the simple things. Although I never take for granted the mountains, plazas, churches, and street life, I must say that I now pass those things up for a trip to the supermarket, where immediately upon entering into the store, a rum and coke is placed into my hand by the sample giver in the third aisle to the left----- please ignore the use of ¨immediate¨ and ¨third aisle to the left¨ as the discrepancy is made up for by my jaguar like sprint to this magical third aisle.

As I head to the Fruit Loop section, I promptly begin to consume the beverage that this magic maker was so thoughtful to provide me with and wonder ¨how could this magnificant experience ever be topped¨.......... and then my favorite person in the world jumps into my head. Now this affair is thoroughly enjoyed by two.

- Jay

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you have the time of your life. :) Say hi to Jay for me!